South Street Free Church — Statement of Faith
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture, as originally given and its
supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The full deity and sinless humanity of Jesus Christ.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the Fall.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the substitutionary atoning death of Jesus Christ.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- Salvation, by grace through faith, applied to the individual by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and great glory.
- The resurrection of the body and the life eternal.
The practices of the church regarding Baptism and Communion
- The ordinance of Baptism shall be that of
believers in the name of God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It
shall be available only to those who have professed their faith in
Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
- The Communion of the Lord’s Supper shall be observed
at least once a month and all those who profess faith in the Lord
Jesus as Saviour and Lord are invited to share in this. Members are
encouraged to do their utmost to be present at the Communion
service, regarding it as a sacred privilege to do so.