South Street Free Church — Services & Meetings
- Sunday services are held at 10:30am and 6:30pm.
There are crèche facilities available during the morning services.
- Communion is included in the morning service on the first Sunday of the month, and in the evening service on the third
Sunday of the month.
- Weekly prayer meetings are held on Tuesdays in the church hall, at 7:30pm.
- There are two home groups, that meet on Thursdays — one in the daytime and one in the evening.
- The Youth Group (for 12-17 year olds) meets in the church at 7:30pm every Friday during the school term.
- A team from the church holds a service
at Dorley House Care Home at 2:30pm on the first Wednesday of the month,
at The Chase Care Home at 2:30pm on the second Tuesday of the month,
at Hartfield House Care Home at 3pm on the second Thursday of the month,
and at St Margaret’s Care Home at 11am on the third Thursday of the month.
- The church is open on the second Tuesday of every month, between 11am-1pm, for people to
pop in for at chat at “Big Questions in Little Chelsea”.
This provides an opportunity for people to talk about life’s Big Questions over a cuppa, in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Visitors are most welcome!
- On the last Friday of each month (12-2pm), the church runs “South Street Seniors”. This is a lunch club for those roughly in the 60+ age bracket. A light lunch is served, and there’s a fun activity (such as playing Rummikub, being shown how to do some origami, playing carpet bowls, etc), and it ends with a short 5-minute talk on the Christian faith. Visitors are very welcome!